Scott Nakamura (scottnak) wrote,
Scott Nakamura
scottnak

Things About Me: Part 3 of a 25 Part Series

[3] I am absolutely obsessed with TV. If you see me at home, you have an 80% chance of seeing me in the living room watching TV (alongside with my laptop propped open). The other 20% chance is me watching streaming video of Japanese TV.

As a result, I have to attribute my knowledge of Japanese have absolutely been hightened by TV. The thing about Japanese Variety TV (Not the silly dramas. Don't need any of that stuff. Variety shows are where the fun is at) is that a lot of what is said is also written on the screen. It absolutely helps to see how things are written in tandem with what is being said to help learn things right? Definitely. That, along with the fact that I love quiz shows too, have helped learn a whole buncha things I couldn't've known otherwise. As for Korean, everything came from TV.

Good stuff TV. DOn't ever let me down.
If only US TV would get into the Japanese groove of things... *shakes fist*
Subscribe
  • Post a new comment

    Error

    default userpic

    Your IP address will be recorded 

    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.
  • 0 comments